Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

Just got back from the latest Cap'n Jack movie. First I have to say, I loved the first one and thought the second one was pretty poor. This one, in my opinion falls in between the first two, but leans more toward the "wait for the rental" side.

Another long movie at 2 hours and 33 minutes, the special effects are up to standard, although there were some that were pretty poor by todays standards. The plot is long and drawn out and at times plain old boring. Don't get me wrong, there were quite a few good laughs, but some were predictable ... which I guess takes away from the humor.

I had real trouble understanding the dialog Naomie Harris presented with her heavy Caribbean accent, and Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley added nothing new. On the other hand, best actor should go to Geoffrey Rush for a wonderful job as Barbossa and best supporting actor should go to the monkey! As usual, they left the door open for more of these, but I won't be going unless they can find the formula they had with "The Curse of the Black Pearl". I give it a 7 out of 10.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I totally agree with you that this Pirates of the Carribean didn't really "stand out." By the way, I think your blog is very useful...next time I watch a movie, I'll look at your rating first...