Thursday, May 17, 2007

Well, here we are. Let's talk about movies. As you can see from the list below, I have a fair sized collection. I wouldn't say I'm a fanatic, but I do enjoy a well done movie and even some not well done movies. For instance, I love the Science Fiction B- movies from the '50's with all that paranoia and low budget special effects. I could have been another Elvira or, as we had in the Boston area back then, FEEP on Fantasmic Features (he was the same guy of played Major Mudd for those who remember). The movies in the past 30 years, I feel, are geared to the corruption of us all for the sake of making a buck. Not too much good in the movies in the 70's through 90's. They are starting to get back to some good "family" entertainment now, but they are still few and far between.

2 comments:

Paula said...

WOW Wes... Never knew you had THAT many movies! YIKES! question.. Have they invented anything that will copy a LD to a DVD form? I DO have your Song of the South DVD..sigh I KNOW I KNOW... MAIL IT!!! LMAO
Who loves ya baby???
Paula

Wes Miller said...

Laser discs are not copy protected, so they can be transfered to DVD, or tape, if you have a DVD or tape recorder. The only drawback to the LD format is that there is only one hour of play time per side on a disc. Then you have to either manually turn the disc over, or wait the 15 seconds or so for the players with the two side play capability to switch sides. So, there may be a slight gap during playback from the turnover interval. This all depends on how good one is at doing the recording. Labor intensive, baby!!
Wes